The final days of summer
It is crazy for me to think about, but alas it is true this summer '08 is over in a mere 8 days. My birthday is in a week, Katie's wedding in 4 days, and as this summer is coming to a quick end, I couldn't be happier. I LOVE my job. Summer is a nice break, but I cannot help constantly wondering what is going on with my students. I want to talk to them about Breaking Dawn(which I finished this morning) I want to learn more with them and about them.
Another beautiful thing about the end of summer which is so hard and sad for many is that it brings one of my FAVORITE things in the world. FOOTBALL. Ryan and I even just got offered preseason 49ers vs. PACKERS tickets! I am pretty excited about that. Regardless of the scores thsi season, I am just so excited to be back in memorial for 7 games, and to go down to U$C, win or lose (although of course I'd rather kick some trojian a$$, we are going to Disneyland!), and hopefully we will end up in LA, San Diego or VEGAS for a bowl game!!!
What joy this summer did bring:
Cannot wait to see what this new school year will bring: New students, new position - Sophomore class moderator, Kairos! With Claire and Kim's talks, Breast cancer walk, New updated/remodeled classroom!
Another beautiful thing about the end of summer which is so hard and sad for many is that it brings one of my FAVORITE things in the world. FOOTBALL. Ryan and I even just got offered preseason 49ers vs. PACKERS tickets! I am pretty excited about that. Regardless of the scores thsi season, I am just so excited to be back in memorial for 7 games, and to go down to U$C, win or lose (although of course I'd rather kick some trojian a$$, we are going to Disneyland!), and hopefully we will end up in LA, San Diego or VEGAS for a bowl game!!!
What joy this summer did bring:
- Spending time in LA with Ryan's fam and Michelle
- Being home (which I LOVE and just falling even further in love with my kitten, Bode)
- TWO cabin trips
- Having Julianne come and stay with me
- Reading... and reading and reading!
- Jon and Kate plus 8. Enough said....
- MEETING JASON MRAZ! and hearing him play a private concert.... still indescribeable
- Discovering Matt Nathanson's music, Tristan Prettyman's new album
- Not super hot weather
- Having newly remodeled bathrooms!
Cannot wait to see what this new school year will bring: New students, new position - Sophomore class moderator, Kairos! With Claire and Kim's talks, Breast cancer walk, New updated/remodeled classroom!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home