I won't worry my life away

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

been over a year

But recently I have been missing writing about my life (apparently just talking about myself to my students isn't enough!)

Today I asked my students to ponder:

1. Where in your life do you experience abundance?
2. What could you do to visibly demonstrate your gratitude for the abundance in your life?

I was planning on blogging about how difficult it was for my students to write about and a few other funny things that happened (including a student who waited until the END of the prayer service on abundance(which took place in small groups) and my class to ask me what abundance meant - I don't care that you don't know kid - just ask sooner, don't sit in the 'dark!'!!)

but I'd rather blog on the abundance I have. It is amazing knowing I have a full pantry at home and a fridge full of yummy food I enjoy. I have a closet I am totally in love with right now and a plethora of sassy shoes! Cal keeps the axe in Berkeley for another year is pretty great too.

I have a fantastic husband and a home that I come to and one that I seriously don't want to leave half the time. My life is happy, content and comfortable.
I am so blessed by a community which supports me when I am going insane (which has been a lot this past semester) and even though I have been put in a difficult place with work, through that I have met some amazing friends and my new buddy Jim.
I have a wonderful family that supports me, friends that challenge me and make me laugh.
I have been blessed with seeing so many friends this year and spending great time with them (a lot in Disneyland! What a great place to be happy in!)
Oh and that I have awesome students this year.

I am blessed and I need to find ways to share in my abundance rather than live in the annoying ugliness that I feel sometimes about my school situation.

I have heard happiness is a choice - I am choosing to be happy and grateful and loved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home