I won't worry my life away

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

VT

I was glued to the TV too last night after hearing about the 'massacre' (I hate that word but it is what it is) at Virginia tech. I spent every period today chatting with my classes about it and Columbine which happened when I was a freshman in high school and how it and the life of Rachel Joy Scott effected me. It made me want to not teach ever and just hug my students and talk with them. They really need to just chat sometimes about their lives and I love that I teach religion and can help them do that.

I am seriously considering going back to school to get a degree to counseling. I would love to be a personal counselor at Carondelet. I think I am going to volunteer this next school year at the church I am going to youth group. Hopefully I can build experience and get more into youth ministry. I am discovering more and more that is where my heart is, in relationships and I want a career about them. PLUS i have NO idea what is going to happen with my job next year. They have posted they are hiring an english teacher, science teacher, college counselor (I'd do that) and personal counselor. I need to go back to school to do any of the jobs I see posted and its annoying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home