Following up to Meg's blog
DMB Concert at Shoreline last night was a whirlwind of thoughts.
#1 I decided to do a lecture this week in my classes about music and have the girls write then discuss music and how passionate they are about it and how they use such descriptive terms to music and their feelings about it THEN ask why they cannot use the same passion for God. Interesting? We will see.
#2 Then the actual concert - I love Dave, LOVE dmb. Ryan and I are members of the warehouse, the bands fan club, we have gone to see him every summer since '01. But last night I was just not feeing it and it made me so mad that I paid $70 to NOT see Dave (cause I'm too short and we were sitting somewhat far back) and I couldn't hear due to the drunk and high people around me. The man next to us was SO loud and just distracting. I couldn't enjoy the concert because of how uncomfortable I was. He ended up staring to throw up because of his stupid decisions and I just had to get out of there. It sucked. I talked to security finally and Ryan and I got to enjoy the last 3 songs from the handicapped platform, MUCH better. I will use Meg's thought... am I just too old for it all? I am not sure about that because we were surrounded by all these pot smoking hippies who don't appear to be able to afford $70 tickets yet somehow surround me at the concerts.... Wow I sound so bitter, how sad am I? But in the end stupid people should NOT be allowed in the building. I mean don;t you want to remember your favorite bands concert and not be drunk and high at it? Just a thought.
#1 I decided to do a lecture this week in my classes about music and have the girls write then discuss music and how passionate they are about it and how they use such descriptive terms to music and their feelings about it THEN ask why they cannot use the same passion for God. Interesting? We will see.
#2 Then the actual concert - I love Dave, LOVE dmb. Ryan and I are members of the warehouse, the bands fan club, we have gone to see him every summer since '01. But last night I was just not feeing it and it made me so mad that I paid $70 to NOT see Dave (cause I'm too short and we were sitting somewhat far back) and I couldn't hear due to the drunk and high people around me. The man next to us was SO loud and just distracting. I couldn't enjoy the concert because of how uncomfortable I was. He ended up staring to throw up because of his stupid decisions and I just had to get out of there. It sucked. I talked to security finally and Ryan and I got to enjoy the last 3 songs from the handicapped platform, MUCH better. I will use Meg's thought... am I just too old for it all? I am not sure about that because we were surrounded by all these pot smoking hippies who don't appear to be able to afford $70 tickets yet somehow surround me at the concerts.... Wow I sound so bitter, how sad am I? But in the end stupid people should NOT be allowed in the building. I mean don;t you want to remember your favorite bands concert and not be drunk and high at it? Just a thought.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home